"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality." --Bishop Desmond Tutu

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Face of Homophobic Hate

Meet Utah State Senator Chris Buttars. In a recent interview he revealed how his twisted hateful mind works. Here's what he thinks about our LGBT brothers and sisters:
  • To me, homosexuality will always be a sexual perversion. And you say that around here now and everybody goes nuts! But I don’t care.
  • They say, I’m born that way. There’s some truth to that, in that some people are born with an attraction to alcohol.
  • They’re mean! They want to talk about being nice — they’re the meanest buggers I ever seen. It’s just like the Moslems. Moslems are good people and their religion is anti-war. But it’s been taken over by the radical side. And the gays are totally taken over by the radical side.
  • I believe that you will destroy the foundation of American society, because I believe the cornerstone of it is a man and a woman, the family. … And I believe that they’re, internally, they’re probably the greatest threat to America going down I know of. Yep, the radical gay movement.
Hate! It's what's for dinner!

No comments: