"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality." --Bishop Desmond Tutu

Monday, October 20, 2008

Netroots Rising!

In response to something I blogged earlier about the odious Michelle Bachmann whose tirade on MSNBC was a very special GOP moment, her opponent El Tinklenberg was able to raise more than $488,000 in 24 hours (click here to contribute!). Most contributors indicated that their contributions were in specific response to Bachmann's hateful screed.

24 hours ago, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann announced that all those who disagree with her are "Anti-American." Since then, the outpouring of support for my campaign has been extraordinary. Since Congresswoman Bachmann's outrageous remarks, my campaign has raised $438,346.57, and we're working to reach $500,000 by 5 p.m. today. Congresswoman Bachmann's extreme ideology divides people, but her comments on MSNBC's Hardball have united all of those who believe that I will jump start the ecomomy on Main Street by creating jobs and rebuilding our infrastructure. As a Minister and Mayor, I brought people together. I believe that we build by addition, not division. I want to thank you all. It is now clear that we have the momentum to win and I ask for your financial support. I will keep everyone posted.

Thank you,

El Tinklenberg

In a later update, he indicates that they hit $488,000 on the way to $500,000 by the end of today.

No comments: