"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality." --Bishop Desmond Tutu

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rational Exuberance

From Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks
Have you ever seen numbers that lopsided? I haven't and it's almost painful to look at. I almost want the election to be over now so that we can all stop sharing collectively in John McCain's pain. Even though I'm not for McCain and I even think he has run a dishonorable campaign, I feel an embarrassed, empathetic sadness for him. Please let the sun set already. Let this campaign be over already. I don't want to see him take another hit. What Obama said at the Democratic convention is oddly fitting here, "Enough!"
I only hope John McCain can salvage some small part of his dignity before this race is over.

No comments: