"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality." --Bishop Desmond Tutu

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Justice in small doses

While I don't ordinarily condone violence, I must admit that there is a kind of poetic irony in this. The event was related to Vicki Ward, a US journalist by two senior Lehman executives.
"[Richard Fuld, CEO of Lehman Brothers] went to the gym after ... Lehman was announced as going under ... He was on a treadmill with a heart monitor on. Someone was in the corner, pumping iron and he walked over and he knocked him out cold.

"And frankly after having watched [Mr Fuld's testimony to the committee], I'd have done the same too."

"I thought he was shameless ... I thought it was appalling. He blamed everyone ... He blamed everybody but himself."

Sometimes it's the little things in life that make me smile. And I'm willing to risk the bad karma points for smiling at this, but boy, if anyone deserved it, Fuld did.

No comments: