"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality." --Bishop Desmond Tutu

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Obama the geek?

So says Matt Blum on the GeekDad blog at Wired. I have to say I agree with him completely. Obama is going to be the most technically literate President America has ever had.

The most convincing evidence, for me, is number two
2. He is a big fan of Star Trek. He said himself: "I grew up on Star Trek. I believe in the final frontier." And, when Leonard Nimoy was the guest on NPR's "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!" in September, he said that he had run into "one of the presidential candidates" and that that candidate, had upon seeing Nimoy, given him the Vulcan salute. He refused to name the candidate, but said he "was not John McCain."
Chills, baby. I got chills.

Live long and Prosper, President Obama! Oh, and may the Force be with you! (author promptly ducks to avoid the incoming fire!)

No comments: